Business Owners have special considerations that must be addressed during a divorce. It is often said that all divorces are different and this is especially true for a business owner. Here are just (5) issues that make this type of divorce unique and why experienced legal advocacy can help.
- Determining your gross income for child support considerations and alimony.
- Determining the value of your business for equitable division of property.
- Determining parenting time if the business owner’s schedule is erratic.
- Make sure a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement is followed, if applicable to protect your business.
- Classifying and determining the pre-martial vs. martial portion of a business.
There are many considerations to take into account for divorcing business owners. This is even more true for very successful businesses. Arguments and strategies need to be developed to make the strongest arguments and provide the most persuasive evidence to the judge. Contact our team at 770-762-4628 to schedule a meeting to discuss representation for your divorce today.