Click To Call Today 770-492-2974

Post-Judgement Enforcement: Contempt

A party may file a motion for contempt when another party fails to met or follow guidelines set by court order. The non-compliant party must return to court to defend the against the allegation. Non-compliance of a court order may result in serious financial penalties and/or jail time.

Contempt actions generally arise from an ex-spouse's or parent's failure to pay child support or alimony. However, contempt actions also apply to any violation of a court order. There are penalties that a non-compliant party may face, including but not limited to:

  • Incarceration
  • Payment of other party's attorney fees
  • Forced compliance with order

To schedule a consultation with Attorney Tiffany R. Lunn to discuss contempt, Contact Us online or call Lunn Law LLC at 770.492.2974.